Flickr Lens info question

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by TNcasual, Jan 26, 2015.

1. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Maybe some Flickr users can help me. Why is it that some times the lens info is in the exif data and shows in the Flickr image page, but some times it is not.

For instance, these two images were taken with the same lens 20 or so minutes apart. One has the lens info, one does not.

16303228491_e4e22689f3_b. Grassy

16279094496_e6afca6efe_b. Sparkle

The camera probably turned off between shots, but I did not make any menu changes between them.

It seems the randomly I will have the lens info included of not. Is there something I am doing?

2. laser8

laser8 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    Mare nostrum, Istria
    Strange. Did you change some settings when uploading or during post processing? I never had this issue with Fickr myself.

3. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    The only thing with those two images was I may have cropped and made a few changes to the water one. The grass had no post. They were both uploaded in the same batch.

4. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Mike
    If you saved the processed image 'for the web' this will strip out the EXIF info...
    Check the image you uploaded & see if the EXIF is in there. Flickr can't add it if it's not there :)

5. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    With these two examples the water had minimal post processing. In Flickr it shows the EXIF with the lens info. The grass is SOOC and there is EXIF data in Flickr, but no lens info. They were both uploaded through iPhoto in the same batch.

This isn't a really big deal, I was just wondering why it is happening and what I might be doing to cause it.

6. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    I get this too. I guess one of the programs I use for editing does no pass on all the information.