1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Flickr Image for IconIndustries

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Boyzo, May 25, 2010.

1. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Flickr works fine

Use this format with Insert image

>https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3438/3877012281_a10438dfe5_b.jpg<

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Flickr is my main means of posting photos, too, and it's great for "nitpicking" too.:biggrin: Nice shot!

3. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Ye the Macaque monkeys Launceston Tasmania (the Pany 45-200 pushed to the limit) great lens

Adorable monkeys a gotta see if you are there :)

Nothing wrong with Flickr and its free plus a great community, I do use Smugmug its interface is excellent.

4. Grant

Grant Mu-43 Veteran

Boyzo the free version of Flickr has some limitations. The most restrictive is you can only show the last 200 of your uploaded images. The pro account, $25 a year, offers unlimited uploads and storage. I post one a day and I am presently at 321 well 325 but four that are not for general consumption. I bought a pro account and it cost $48 for two years.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Thanks Grant and Hi :smile:
    I use Smugmug but do have a free flicklr accnt .. my post was to show my Aussie mate IconIndustries Flickr in action

Cheers

Actually nice and sunny here for near winter in June

6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey thanks Boyzo for thinking of me. But alas i only saw this post after i had linked all my pictures to my post. Not really a problem, but i must have done something different because mine are alot smaller than this one you've just posted. Yep at lunch i signed up with flickr and it's great. I like how you can chuck all your photos in a folder and upload them all at once. Makes it alot easier than one at a time.:smile:

I've linked all the better images to my 'Cotton' post if you would like to see them.

7. ricseet

ricseet Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 20, 2010
    Singapore
    Thanks John --

Hi John, appreciate the tip. So I am trying it out for the first time and hopes it works

>https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4013/4533345577_83d2dced8a_b.jpg<

cheers

John, image did not appear. Please advise what I did wrong. Thanks

ric

8. BBW

How to post images from Flickr and elsewhere on this site

This is the link for understanding how to post images on the site and goes into detail on how Flickr works: How To Post Images in Forum threads Scroll down and Amin has even included some screen shots that show which way to post your Flickr photos. I think you'll find it very helpful.

9. BBW

adding Flickr, etc., to your signature

P.S. If anyone wants to include a link to their Flickr (or other photo hosting website) photostream, it's very easy and is explained within this thread: Making The forums work for you - the finer points which is found within the Help and Feedback forum, scroll down and you'll see the part regarding "personal options".:smile:

10. ricseet

ricseet Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 20, 2010
    Singapore
    Hi BBM, thank you so much and I will check that out.

cheers

ric

• Like Like x 1