1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Flickr - i have to login everytime i open my Webbrowser ??

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by PantelisMor, May 28, 2013.

1. PantelisMor

PantelisMor Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2013
    Hello.

I have a problem with my Flickr. I use Google chrome, i have gmail account. Everytime i close the browser and open it again, i have to login again. It doesn't remember my pass.
    Do you have any solution for this ?? It's annoying i have to login everytime

Thx a lot Guys..

2. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    That's always been that way, they want you to use yahoo so they make it a pain.

Another reason I hate Flickr,.....just not enough to leave lol

3. daimos

daimos Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 23, 2010
    Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
    richard
    in chrome, click on upper-right (customise)
    settings
    advanced settings
    in passwords and forms, click "manage saved passwords"
    you will see a section for "saved passwords" and "never saved" which you can delete item by item.

4. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    If that works cool, but I am pretty sure reading tens of threads that Flickr release a different cookie forcing it to be a pain in the wotsit using anything other than yahoo.

Personally I just signed up a new yahoo account for Flickr and ever log in, just divert Flickr to email your personal account and use the yahoo account for loging in only

5. PantelisMor

Jan 14, 2013
    I find but there isn't anything on never saved ??

6. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    Have you tried adding another email address (Yahoo) to your flickr account and use that to login? Currently, my Yahoo ID is used for logging in but all the flickr notifications come to my Gmail ID.

7. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    Odd. I've never logged into Flickr but one on each machine, but I use Firefox.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app

8. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Remembering and Saving Passwords should have nothing to do with this. It is your cookies which remember you and keep you logged in, when you click on the "Remember Me" or "Stay Logged In" box while logging into a website. As long as you don't set your browser to clear cookies/history on exit, then your login will remain until you manually log out or clear your cookies. You don't need to Save/Remember Passwords (a feature I never turn on in any browser! It totally defeats the point of having passwords).

I have personally never experienced this problem. I use Firefox only, but I did have a brief run with Chrome before and never had problems there either with Flickr login. That was before the Flickr remake though. How long have you been having this problem? I'm using Windows 7 - 64 Bit.

There is one documented problem with Flickr/Yahoo logins which happens intermittently, but that is with mobile browsers. Sometimes Yahoo won't log you in from the mobile site even after you correctly type your username/password, claiming that your login is incorrect. They say to switch to the desktop site, but I also notice that this doesn't happen on Wifi while it will happen on your phone's data plan...

That of course has nothing to do with your problem, but I just pointed that out to show that yes, Yahoo does have a quirky login system. :) It's not so on purpose, they just have lots of bugs.

Also, you might want to try clearing your entire history in Chrome. When I was using Chrome, I found that it got really buggy after being used for a while, and required a clean wipe to start operating fast and efficient again. A lot of the menus on Flickr wouldn't work after using Chrome too long without clearing data, but would work fine after clearing Chrome's history.

9. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    Lisbon
    That's a known issue from day 1 since they rolled out google authentication.

You can avoid that by creating an yahoo ID and associating that yahoo ID with your current account.

(That's what i did)

10. PantelisMor

Jan 14, 2013

I think this is the best solution , i will create an yahoo id only for login, i think all will be good.

If i have problem i will be back.
    Thx x alot :smile::smile::smile::smile:

11. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    Lisbon
    It's not as convenient then using "one login fits all" but the purpose get's defeated if you have to login every single time you go to flickr.

I prefer to use a yahoo login every 3 weeks on flickr and forget about it during in between.

12. fsuscotphoto

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    I'm confused. I never have to login after the first time with a new computer. I bought a new one about six months ago and haven't logged in since the first time. I can't remember if Flickr has a "remember me" box or not.

13. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    Lisbon
    Yes it has a Remember box, I think the login lasts for 3weeks.

14. fsuscotphoto

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    But, I never re-log in! I'll check my computer when I can.

15. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    Lisbon

If wouldn't complain about that :D

16. PantelisMor

Jan 14, 2013
    Hi AGain..

I create an email account. i went to settings and i made This emai Primary. When i go to login with my yahoo email, i have problem.

This is the message

Welcome back to Flickr!

We're sorry, but there's a problem.

Here's what going on:

Your p.moromalos83 Yahoo! ID uses the email address p.moromalos83@yahoo.gr. That email address is already associated with the p.moromalos account on Flickr.

Here's what to do:

If you are trying to create a new Flickr account for your p.moromalos83 Yahoo! ID, you need to either:
    Remove the p.moromalos83@yahoo.gr email address from your p.moromalos Flickr account. (You'll need to sign in to Flickr with your db7869dcf80640a37319c2fa47a07b2a Yahoo! ID to do this.) Or,
    Change the primary email address for your p.moromalos83 Yahoo! ID. (Your p.moromalos83 Yahoo! preferences.)
    If you are trying to access your p.moromalos Flickr account, please sign in to Yahoo! again with your db7869dcf80640a37319c2fa47a07b2a Yahoo! ID.

I am comfused ?????