1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Flickr book

Discussion in 'Printing' started by Kwekwe, May 28, 2014.

1. Kwekwe

Kwekwe Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    Gravesend Brooklyn NY
    Got an email earlier offering 35% off Flickr book so pulled the trigger and ordered 2 copies of 28 page book of images shot this weekend in Philadelphia with my GF3. I'm hoping the quality is as nice as the books I've done in past at the local Walgreens. With the discount the 2 books shipping and taxes came to about $61. Most of the images popped by my partner who upon getting her hands on my tiny GF3 didn't relinquish it..... She left her Canon T3i home hehehe

Below is one of the only images I shot..... JPG and tinkered around in iPhoto.

y6ytyvaj.

• Like Like x 1
  2. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Cool let us know how the books turn out.

3. Kwekwe

Kwekwe Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    Gravesend Brooklyn NY
    Will do, I'm hopeful. Honey wants copies of pics, I thought an 8.5 by 11 inch copy of the 28 "best" would make her happy ;)

4. jamesgehrt

jamesgehrt Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2014
    Easthampton, Massachusetts
    James Gehrt
    I have made many books through Blurb. The Flickr book looks convenient, but I couldn't find a way to add text. If the quality is good it might be a good way to soft proof. I am curious.

5. Kwekwe

Kwekwe Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    Gravesend Brooklyn NY
    The Walgreens books allow adding text as do the one ordered through iPhoto. I didn't notice a way to caption on the Flickr site either it would be a nice addition for times it's needed. This book is all scenery in Philadelphia and fairly self explanatory. Might be worth contacting Flickr/Yahoo and seeing if such an addition is a possibility.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kwekwe

Kwekwe Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    Gravesend Brooklyn NY
    The books arrived today, nice heavy paper, full bleed images, front cover in full color plus a dust cover in full color. Crisp printing, all in all very happy with the quality of the book from Flickr shot with my itty bitty Lumix GF3...... No longer calling it my pocket cinema camera as I got a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera and while the GF3 does nice video it's not as nice as the BMPCC, tho it's certainly not 10 times better which is about the difference in price I paid for each of these bodies.

7. lightmonkey

lightmonkey Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 22, 2013
    its printed vey very well. lovely quality. my qualm is that the books werent very well-bound, so that some of the pages started falling out. makes for nice frame, tho

also, youre tied to 1 image per page, no way to do things like 2x portraits per page

8. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    I'd be curious to know as well. I do the odd Apple book from time to time but I'm always looking at alternatives...

9. Kwekwe

Kwekwe Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    Gravesend Brooklyn NY
    That's disheartening to hear that it falls apart easily.