Flashing exposure mode sceens on E-M5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Lawrence A., Aug 12, 2015.

1. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I had a problem intermittently but rather infrequently about 8 months ago on my E-M5. I get a black screen with white writing, the information screen that does come up when you change the mode dial to a new setting, but in my case it just starts flashing between the screen for shutter priority and the one for manual mode, even though I have not taken it off of manual mode for ages. It goes back and forth between those two screens until a press a button, usually the shutter button.

Anyone else had this problem? I assume it is some sort of electrical glitch, but I'm no technician. The camera is one of the first E-M5 cameras shipped in 2012 and I've loved it, but I've lost confidence that I can depend on this body. It has 16,000 shutter actuations and has been treated well, not dropped or knocked about. It's a tool, so I don't treat it like expensive crystal, but I'm careful and prudent with my handling of any camera.

Any input about similar experiences would be welcome.

2. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
  3. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.