FlashAir help

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by shepx13, Mar 9, 2013.

1. shepx13

shepx13 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2012
    Tyler, TX
    Ken
    So, after 2 months I finally got my FlashAir card from Olympus, from my E-PM2 rebate. When I tried to get it set up on my camera, I got an error that says
    "Card configured by another device. Can not change setting". So, I tried to format the card via computer, and still no go. Tried to update the firmware, and it failed. Finally, I got in touch with Toshiba tech support. They said that the problem was that I put the card in my computer first, even though I didn't. So, after complaining about the whole process, they sent me a replacement card, and told me to send mine back in the return envelope they'd provide.

Well, guess what: I got the replacement card, and I still get the same error. WTF? Does anyone have any idea how to get this stupid thing working?

2. PaulGiz

PaulGiz Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Rhode Island, USA
    you need to download the Flashair software (called FlashAir Tool) and then return the card to factory settings by selecting "Format the Card" tab. Select your card from the popup menu and let it go.

Then make sure you use the "safe to remove device" option on your PC.

Insert it into your camera without formatting and it will work fine.

Go to your camera's Playback Menu and you will find options to name your card and assign a password. Once that is done, you can see it on your other devices.

It's not real instinctive, but evenutally you will get it working. Remember, only JPG files will be visible to your phone, tablet or other device.

Your first card was also probably OK. Full documentation at Olympus website support, and at Toshiba website.

It took me a while to get everything right, but it works.

P.

3. shepx13

shepx13 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2012
    Tyler, TX
    Ken
    Tried formating, it didn't fix it.

4. kgeissler

kgeissler Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2012
    Rowlett, TX
    Where are you seeing the error? Do you see it on your camera or do you see it on the device connecting to the card?

5. Extract0r

Extract0r Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 22, 2012
    You have to format the card from within the FlashAir tool software.
    Once formatted, you should be abe to connect to it using the password "12345678".

6. shepx13

shepx13 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2012
    Tyler, TX
    Ken
    That's what I did. It won't connect, even after formatting. It shows to authenticate, then saves the wifi info, without connecting. Have never been able to use the camera to see settings.

I can't be the only person with this problem, unless it's just my camera that's flaky.

7. kgeissler

kgeissler Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2012
    Rowlett, TX
    I made this mistake when I got mine...make sure camera is in "playback" mode. I had mine in shooting mode and wondered why I couldn't connect.

8. shepx13

shepx13 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2012
    Tyler, TX
    Ken
    So I formatted my replacement card, and it now works in both my e-pm2 and e-m5. There was a pretty significant firmware version difference between the first card and replacement, so maybe that had something to do with it as well.

Thanks for all the suggestions and feedback.