1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Flash Triggers for OMD

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by tl1234, May 5, 2013.

1. tl1234

tl1234 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    Hi I'm looking for a wireless flash trigger for my OMD + my old Nikon SB80 flash. No need for TTL or metering since ill be using his in manual mode

Any cheap 3rd party brands out there you can recommend? It's for one project only.

Thanks!!

2. tl1234

tl1234 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    To be more specific my flash is the SB80DX

3. vchaney

vchaney Mu-43 Regular

Sep 22, 2010
    I don't know about the sb80 but the radiopopper jrx studio can control the power of several nikon and canon flashes. I use this on my omd and its great. Not exactly cheap but reliable and the ability to remotely control flash power is very handy.

Otherwise any cheap triggers will do the job.

Hope that helps.

4. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
    Maria
    I have the RF602 triggers and receivers. Work flawlessly but I understand the newer Cactus V5 can sync a bit faster. They are transceivers and will work with both the olympus and a Nikon if that is your other camera. Do check into the sync speed with them.

5. cdmicha

cdmicha Mu-43 Regular

Dec 28, 2012
    Arkansas
    Chris
    I generally use the Cowboy Studio triggers (amazon link here), they are cheap and the transmitter is pretty small, which is nice, especially with a smaller camera body. As long as you aren't working at large distances, I've had no problems with them.

6. jziegler

jziegler Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Salem County, New Jersey
    James
    I have Cactus v5 triggers that i use with my e-pl1 and g3 with some manual flashes. Ice never had any problems work the setup. There are cheaper triggers, but the cactus had tested as more reliable, andcan safely sync high voltage flashes

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

7. noflux

noflux Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 7, 2010
    Porto, Portugal
  8. jon595

jon595 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    PA
    Are you sure they can do do wireless TTL with Olympus? I don't see that claim anywhere on the page. I don't know of any 3rd party triggers that offer TTL through radio. That would be awesome if they did though.

Just a hobbyist.

9. hookgrip

hookgrip Mu-43 Regular

May 21, 2013
  10. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    I have the Aputure Trigmaster Plus. They are very reliable and fire every time. Don't think they can do ttl though.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    Same here. 1/250th sync doesn't hurt either.