Flash Terminal Cap for EM-1 III

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
This flash terminal cap required to maintain the weather-sealing of the camera, right? And any flash terminal cap will do?
Yes and No.
While any cap will fit, what is important is not the fit to the standard flash terminal itself, but the screw thread outside that holds the cap in place and makes it water resistant.
Many caps are basic push-ons.
What you need is screw-on, with the right screw dimensions.

I have just tried swapping the caps between the EM1-I and the EM1-II and can confirm they are an identical fit. The only difference is that the EM1-I has a little flash sign marked on it.
We already know the EM1-III has the same fit as the EM1-II, so all three models are identical.

Last edited:

RAH

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rich
Gee, wouldn't it be nice if some Olympus employee would add the words "fits E-M1, E-M1 Mark II, and E-M1 Mark III" to the description of the cap on their website! It being shown only under the Mark II search STRONGLY implies that it only fits that model. That's just plain sloppy, IMHO.

Real Name
Butch Oakey
Think that might be the same as Nikon caps (sure looks like it anyway) but don't know about the water resistance part. I have a Nikon and an E-M1 and will try it tomorrow.
Tried the Nikon D300 flash terminal cap on the E-M1 and it fit perfectly, and tried the Olympus flash terminal cap on the Nikon and it fit too so they seem to be interchangeable and that's good since the Nikon caps will probably be easier to locate. I may have an extra around here and will look around tomorrow to see.

Real Name
Butch Oakey
Tried the Nikon D300 flash terminal cap on the E-M1 and it fit perfectly, and tried the Olympus flash terminal cap on the Nikon and it fit too so they seem to be interchangeable and that's good since the Nikon caps will probably be easier to locate. I may have an extra around here and will look around tomorrow to see.
Looked around and couldn't find one but will keep trying.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom