Flash questions

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by DynaSport, Aug 19, 2013.

1. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    I own a E-PM1 and just bought a G5. Am I correct that Panasonic and Olympus can use the same flashes? I have a very nice (but a bit old) Canon flash I guess I will be selling since I am selling off all my Canon gear, but a Canon flash won't work on my Olympus and Panasonic cameras will it? I hesitate to try without knowing because I don't want electrical signals messing the camera or flash up.

So, with M43 obviously I am trying to go smaller, but I still find times that a flash would be helpful. Can anyone suggest a smallish flash that tilts and preferably swivels as well for bounce flash (I don't care for direct flash) that won't break the bank?

Thanks!

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The Olympus FL-600R will suit your needs fine.

4/3 and m4/3 both use the same flash system. That would include any Olympus or Panasonic flash or third party flash (ie, Metz, Nissin, etc.) for both 4/3 DSLRs and m4/3. For flash, it is the same system.

3. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    to add to Neds excellent advice, your Canon flash will only work as a manual flash but it wont damage your cameras.

Gordon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.