Flash question....

nwbie1

Mu-43 Regular
I have an EP2 with a Metz 48 flash.
On my GF1, when the ambient light is sufficient and I just want to use the flash to fill in the shadows, I would expose to the ambient light and adjust my EV to -1 or -1.5 EV, set on TTL and get a correct exposure for both the subject and my background everytime. BUT on my EP2, if I do the same thing, the flash will not fire enough power (under exposed) to properly expose the subject. Is there an option that I can change in the menus? Although I haven't tried it, but I'm afraid that if the background is much brighter than the subject, I will be in trouble. Appreciate your responses....thanks.

Alan

nwbie1

Mu-43 Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just tried using manual with flash on the same situation and the flash gave enough power to properly expose both subject and background. I don't mind using manual mode when using flash but it is just very convenient to be able to do this as well in A mode specially when your subjects are kids. Thanks again.

Alan

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom