flash light and stabilizer system on sale

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by hunstomer, Sep 4, 2013.

1. hunstomer

hunstomer New to Mu-43

Sep 4, 2013
  2. mpg01

mpg01 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2012
    Interesting. Has anyone dealt with Sain Sonic before? This is a new vendor to me.

3. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Says its only compatible with Nikon, so don't see how it's a deal if it doesn't work with olympus or lumix?

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I don't know if it will fire as a flash, certainly won't do TTL but it could still be used as a continuous light source.

5. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
  6. iHadJelloToday

iHadJelloToday Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2013
  7. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

I would agree too, I think all LED Ring lights are Crap.. I am not fan of LEDs for Photography.

However I do not know about the Video Stabilizer System for $54.99.
    It does not look bad.

8. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    What specific experience have you had using LED lights or knowledge of a characteristic of LED lights that causes you to dislike this form of light source?

9. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    I have this ring light and it works great for my needs. For 1:1 with my short focal length macro lenses though, it's a bit tricky since the tip of the lens is too close to the subject to provide illumination.

This is a LIGHT and not a flash...it provides even illumination.

I often complement the use of the ring light with my remotely-triggered FL-36R; having light aimed to the side adds the depth that is eliminated when using a ring light. Direct illumination tends to 'flatten' an image.

BTW - I bought the ring light based on Kirk Tuck's recommendation.