flash light and stabilizer system on sale

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by hunstomer, Sep 4, 2013.

1. hunstomer

hunstomer New to Mu-43

Sep 4, 2013
  2. mpg01

mpg01 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2012
    Interesting. Has anyone dealt with Sain Sonic before? This is a new vendor to me.

3. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Says its only compatible with Nikon, so don't see how it's a deal if it doesn't work with olympus or lumix?

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I don't know if it will fire as a flash, certainly won't do TTL but it could still be used as a continuous light source.

5. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 All-Pro

6. iHadJelloToday

iHadJelloToday Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2013
  7. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

I would agree too, I think all LED Ring lights are Crap.. I am not fan of LEDs for Photography.

However I do not know about the Video Stabilizer System for $54.99.
    It does not look bad.

8. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    What specific experience have you had using LED lights or knowledge of a characteristic of LED lights that causes you to dislike this form of light source?

9. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    I have this ring light and it works great for my needs. For 1:1 with my short focal length macro lenses though, it's a bit tricky since the tip of the lens is too close to the subject to provide illumination.

This is a LIGHT and not a flash...it provides even illumination.

I often complement the use of the ring light with my remotely-triggered FL-36R; having light aimed to the side adds the depth that is eliminated when using a ring light. Direct illumination tends to 'flatten' an image.

BTW - I bought the ring light based on Kirk Tuck's recommendation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.