Flash for GH3

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by shanguli, Sep 17, 2014.

1. shanguli

shanguli Mu-43 Regular

Sep 16, 2014
    canada
    Hello, I have recently got a GH3, and want to learn flash/strobe photography and also use video lights to shoot videos. So far I have found Yongnuo YN-560 III Speedlight.

I was wondering if you'd happen to know of any decent flashes (and possibly video lights) that I can get for my GH3. I want to build a portfolio around people photography,(high school senior, portraiture, head shots...).

Would be great to hear your insights regarding flash and possible choice of videolights...

2. BillW

BillW Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2012
    Scranton, PA
    I am currently using a variety of flashes in manual mode with a G5/GH3 and getting some excellent results. This past week I shot a HS senior outdoors and used an SB-80 in an Impact collapsible softbox. It's my 'go to' for outdoor work / location stuff.

The last wedding I shot was all manual flash, and I also used an off-camera room light at the reception and was thrilled not to have to fuss with TTL like I did in my Canon days. Try it and see how easy it really is. For on-camera I used a Demb Flip-it, off-camera was a Sunpak 383 on 1/8 or 1/4 (don't remember).

There's not much in the way of TTL flash for 4/3 that are decent, without breaking the bank like a Metz 58. Try one of the Yongnuo flashes and see how you do. You will surprise yourself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.