1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Flash for EPL1

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Wlo, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Wlo

Wlo New to Mu-43

Mar 28, 2011
    Maricopa, AZ
    Just curious if there is a compatible Flash for the EPL1. Yeah my FL-50R broke....Yeah I dropped it. But I dont have the funds to replace it and looking to see if there is a compatible cheaper version till I can replace it.

2. OPSSam

OPSSam Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    NC
    I'd look at Metz, they are generally less expensive, and appear to allow even wireless TTL. (I say appear because I have no firsthand experience with them)

The Metz mecablitz 50 AF-1 TTL Shoemount Flash on BH Photo got decent reviews.

3. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    yes the metz does support wireless ttl.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    the 44 AF-1 does so perfectly... and it is fun too! Not quite as much power/control as some other flashes, but I've found it to be more than enough thus far.

5. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    I have a 58 AF-2 and a 48 AF-1, and the power difference is quite a bit. The 44 and 48 are not that far apart. And unless you are bouncing off a 30ft ceiling. You will most likely not need a metz 58.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.