1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Flash Brackets

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by shizlefonizle, Jul 1, 2012.

1. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    There are many flash brackets on the market so what are some compact ones suited for :43:?

Ill be using my OM-D with PL 45mm with a FL-300R

I saw a picture someone posted here with a similar setup and it looked nice but I cant seem to find it.

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    This is one I use, slightly customized (I replaced the cold shoe with a live hotshoe):
    flash_bracket_web.
    I also have another I use a lot on :43: which has two shoes, one which I again replaced with a live hotshoe plus a spare coldshoe on the side. I can mount my LED video light in the second shoe as a focus-assist lamp when shooting still sin the dark (with the flash in the main shoe), or else I can mount an LED light array for continuous lighting in the main shoe for video, with a shotgun mic in the side shoe when shooting video. Very convenient, and also the most compact bracket I've had yet. Sorry I don't have any pictures.

All of the brackets I use for Micro Four-Thirds are very cheap... like $10-$20 cheap. A far cry from the $150+ brackets that I used on my DSLRs. Small brackets are ideal for the system, and small brackets come cheap. Yay!

3. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
  4. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Wow, that's not cheep at all. I can't imagine spending $100 for a simple bracket like that.

You got the right idea Ned.

5. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    "I can't imagine spending $100 for a simple bracket like that."
    I've used it on a few dozen paid shoots. As long as the ROI is there, I don't worry about the small costs such as this since they're write-offs.