1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Flash Brackets

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by shizlefonizle, Jul 1, 2012.

1. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    There are many flash brackets on the market so what are some compact ones suited for :43:?

Ill be using my OM-D with PL 45mm with a FL-300R

I saw a picture someone posted here with a similar setup and it looked nice but I cant seem to find it.

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    This is one I use, slightly customized (I replaced the cold shoe with a live hotshoe):
    flash_bracket_web.
    I also have another I use a lot on :43: which has two shoes, one which I again replaced with a live hotshoe plus a spare coldshoe on the side. I can mount my LED video light in the second shoe as a focus-assist lamp when shooting still sin the dark (with the flash in the main shoe), or else I can mount an LED light array for continuous lighting in the main shoe for video, with a shotgun mic in the side shoe when shooting video. Very convenient, and also the most compact bracket I've had yet. Sorry I don't have any pictures.

All of the brackets I use for Micro Four-Thirds are very cheap... like $10-$20 cheap. A far cry from the $150+ brackets that I used on my DSLRs. Small brackets are ideal for the system, and small brackets come cheap. Yay!

3. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
  4. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Wow, that's not cheep at all. I can't imagine spending $100 for a simple bracket like that.

You got the right idea Ned.

5. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    "I can't imagine spending $100 for a simple bracket like that."
    I've used it on a few dozen paid shoots. As long as the ROI is there, I don't worry about the small costs such as this since they're write-offs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.