1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Flamenco guitarists on the streets. EM5 & Pana 45-150mm

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Livnius, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Went for a walk through town the other day and stumbled upon these 2 guys playing out on the street, Flamenco guitarists from Spain. I've seen my fair share of talented buskers in my time but these guys were something else. Intense, dynamic and playing as if with one heart and mind.

I was out shooting with the Ricoh GR as I often do in the city and I didn't really have much intention at all to shoot with the EM5 and Pana 45-150 that I had in my bag, glad I brought it along with me anyway because that extra long reach made these shots possible. I tested the Pana 45-150mm in a really informal way around my house when I first got it and I was really impressed with it, pleasantly surprised for sure. I think the thing that surprised me most was how utterly different it was to the Oly 40-150 I had some time ago, I mean, I really disliked that lens not because it was poor optically because it wastn't but because it looked and felt and operated every bit as cheaply as its price tag suggested, hollow and plasticky....the Pana on the other hand is a bit smaller, has a metal mount, operates much more smoothly that by comparison it almost feels 'premium' compared to the Oly I had. I believe most tests indicate that the Oly is still a very decent optical performer and is probably more or less on par with the Pana in this regard...but man, they couldn't possibly be more different in look, feel and operation.

For a guy like me that doesn't shoot much telephoto stuff this affordable little Pana is quite a handy lens to have tucked away in the kit bag. You just gotta love micro four thirds.....so many bodies and lenses to chose from, whatever your need and budget.

14034509304_92a59d4c60_b. Flamenco Guitar1 by Livnius, on Flickr

14054080033_156998efe7_b. Flamenco Guitar2 by Livnius, on Flickr

14030880631_5ff9e209a5_b. Flamenco Guitar3 by Livnius, on Flickr

14034515004_06dd3b52f9_b. Flamenco Guitar4 by Livnius, on Flickr

14030877881_6cc806c965_b. Flamenco Guitar5 by Livnius, on Flickr

• Like Like x 8