Flame and Horsehead Nebula

Discussion in 'Astrophotography' started by MadMarco, Feb 9, 2015.

1. MadMarco

MadMarco Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    Guildford, England
    I had a bit of a nightmare last-night trying to get this photo. Seeing conditions were not great, then I lost a load of exposures due to the intensifier filter getting fogged up with dew. I had to take the filter off in the end, so with the poor seeing and the light pollution this is a long way from my best possible.

My new Orion SkyGlow Filter has just arrived which will attach directly to the field flattener so condensation shouldn't be a problem with that any more and I've also order a dew heater band for the telescope so I don't have the same problem with the main optics again.

I'm raring to go now :cool:
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Darren Bonner

Darren Bonner Mu-43 All-Pro

May 1, 2013
    Poole UK
    First time I have seen this photographed with M43 gear well done, was this done on your WO 71?. One of the best things I've ever bought for my telescope is a dew heater band, keeps my telescope nice 'n dry.
  3. MadMarco

MadMarco Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    Guildford, England
    Yes, this was with the ZS71. I've been putting off the heater bands for a long time, I like to keep everything as simple as possible. Last night was the final straw and I've now seen the light as it were, hopefully no more scraping ice off the front of the telescope and ruined shots.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Wow astrophotography can get really complicated and expensive with gear... Can't argue with the results though!
    • Agree Agree x 1