FL600R vs Metz or ?

JoJo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
When I am working I am carrying two and sometimes three EM5 cameras with FL600R flashes mounted. Using a Black Rapid strap, two cameras hang by my sides and sometimes I hang a third camera from my neck. I probably look like a one man Chinese fire drill!

My system works very well for me and I am able to work fast EXCEPT for the settings on the flashes. The settings are being changed by rubbing against my body. I would place a piece of tape across the back of the flashes but I do make changes as I work. At this point, I need to replace the Fl600R flashes. I have Fl50s but they are too large for good balance.

Soooooooo, does anyone have experience using a Metz or another similar flash with the EM5? Recommendations? One more thing, outdoor fill flash is iffy. Not at all like the FL50.

RobWatson

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Maybe you could try a small piece of hard plastic or some rubber bumpers on the flash to keep the control panel from hitting you?

FL600 has 1/2 the power of the FL50 ...

Are you wanting to change because of the "rubbing" or the fill flash problem? Something else?

JoJo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
Maybe you could try a small piece of hard plastic or some rubber bumpers on the flash to keep the control panel from hitting you?

FL600 has 1/2 the power of the FL50 ...

Are you wanting to change because of the "rubbing" or the fill flash problem? Something else?
For my purposes, it has plenty of power. The rubbing is the killer! I really don't like to jerry rig equipment used on important events but I will look at the "cover" idea.

Thanks

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom