FL600R vs Metz or ?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by JoJo, Jul 22, 2014.

1. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    When I am working I am carrying two and sometimes three EM5 cameras with FL600R flashes mounted. Using a Black Rapid strap, two cameras hang by my sides and sometimes I hang a third camera from my neck. I probably look like a one man Chinese fire drill!

My system works very well for me and I am able to work fast EXCEPT for the settings on the flashes. The settings are being changed by rubbing against my body. I would place a piece of tape across the back of the flashes but I do make changes as I work. At this point, I need to replace the Fl600R flashes. I have Fl50s but they are too large for good balance.

Soooooooo, does anyone have experience using a Metz or another similar flash with the EM5? Recommendations? One more thing, outdoor fill flash is iffy. Not at all like the FL50.

2. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Maybe you could try a small piece of hard plastic or some rubber bumpers on the flash to keep the control panel from hitting you?

FL600 has 1/2 the power of the FL50 ...

Are you wanting to change because of the "rubbing" or the fill flash problem? Something else?

3. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    For my purposes, it has plenty of power. The rubbing is the killer! I really don't like to jerry rig equipment used on important events but I will look at the "cover" idea.

Thanks

4. phinix

phinix Mu-43 Rookie

May 15, 2014
    I just bought Nissin Di466, very nice flash for my E-M10

5. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

I would say the Nissin i40 but that changes settings by being rubbed too. At least it's only one mechanical dial though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.