Fl600r owners: Beware!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by JoJo, Nov 29, 2013.

1. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    I use these flashes mostly for special events where I must work fast. Twice now I have accidentally bumped the locking lever to the "release" side with predictable results. In my opinion this is a design flaw! This afternoon, I will be trying to find a solution.

If you have encountered the same problem, I would appreciate hearing of your experience and cure.

2. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    I may not use my 600 a LOT but all I can say is your usage of it and mine must be completely different. On mine the ONLY way that lock is coming off is if I INTENTIONALLY switch it OFF. The way I use my EM1 with that attached does NOT afford the opportunity for the mistake you are referring to. But then I'm also one of the apparent rare one's that never loses my flash mount protection piece either where as many DO. I'm just a pretty careful user I guess. And I have used many a camera as a professional wedding tool. Never had a failure, nor a loss or damage of any kind in 14 years. What can I say.

3. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    If it can go bad be assured that it will happen at a wedding with 15 guests watching! I have never had this happen before either.....only with the M5 / FL600r. I think I have solved the problem with an elastic hair band.

4. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    It's not happenned at a wedding reception for me. Stays where it's supposed to. Maybe yours isn't up to spec?

gordon

5. HappyFish

HappyFish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 8, 2012
    Chad
    mine has never come loose but I don't use it at weddings unless its getting ready room or small room rest of the time Metz or off camera :)

hope ya get it resolved though if you work fast maybe check out a larger flash will have way quicker recycle also :)

6. bcaslis

bcaslis Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2011
    Wilsonville, OR, USA
    Brian Caslis
    Never had a problem with this. Don't see how it could unlock unless it was deliberately released.