1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

FL600r not working as flash commander on E-P5

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by piggsy, Jan 8, 2016.

1. piggsy

piggsy Mu-43 All-Pro

Just need to ask someone to test this on theirs - been a while since I tried and I want to check if this is something that just happens or a setting I've missed or something broken.

So.

Fl600R in the hotshoe and RC mode turned on. I get a completely greyed out RC menu - no functionality of any kind. Won't trigger anything wirelessly, unless the other flash is set to work as a manual slave. Popup flash works fine.

First thought - maybe connection problem or similar. But. Flash otherwise works and picks up on focal length (eg - set 12mm, power camera on, flash auto changes to camera prefered length), gives proper TTL exposure in TTL A, LED auto switches on for focus assist, etc. Can cycle between TTL A, A, M, FP TTL A, FP M on the modes selector. All connections cleaned and seems connected, clicks properly when pushed through and latched etc.

Anyone got these two and want to check if this is even something meant to work? I know I remember testing the FL-LM2 with it earlier and it acts like that doesn't exist, but I thought for sure the FL-600r was something you could use as a flash commander on it.