FL600R Flash: Problem with RC mode

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by marios, Aug 16, 2013.

1. marios

marios New to Mu-43

Jan 7, 2013
    Cyprus
    Marios Philippou
    hello, just bought a fl600r flash and I have problem when I use RC mode. I turn on rc mode at my OLYMPUS OM D EM 5 and flash also. Works if I work it with the small standard flash. pls help

2. SkiHound

SkiHound Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    It communicates via a master flash mounted on the camera. So you have to have a flash capable of starving as a commander mounted. Is that your question?

3. Leeemma

Leeemma Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    Probably you can get you query best solved at the service centre or the dealer you purchased from. They would know.

4. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    I think the common misconception is that the OMD can fire the fl-600r wirelessly via RC.
    I'm still not 100% sure myself but I think the RC option in the menu is purely for when an RC accessory is attached even though it's never greyed out?
    I'd love to know if the FL-300r can fire the FL-600r via RC.
    The line of sight wireless mode is very limited in nature and in actual reach.

5. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    It is optical not RC.

6. uci2ci

uci2ci Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sam
    No other accessories are needee.

-Attach the small clip on flash to the OMD and set the camera to RC. Make sure the clip on is flipped up so it actually fires.
    -Set the fl-600r to RC as well
    -Set the RC channel on the fl-600r and the camera to the same value. I think 3 is the default. Value doesnt matter as long as they are the same

....and it should all work if things are in a reasonable distance

7. beanedsprout

beanedsprout Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio
    lol this thread.

I've heard it called "radio" control but that is inaccurate.

Anyway, no clue what the OP wants, as it seems he's complaining that it works as it should.