1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

FL-LM2 flash and E-P5 compatible?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Ulysses, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Ulysses

Ulysses Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2013
    Can anyone here verify whether or not the FL-LM2 flash is compatible with the E-P5 PEN?

I'm trying to determine if it is, or if I might have simply changed something in the cavernous menu system, preventing it from firing. :smile:

Thanks.

PS - I also tried checking the Olympus website to see if they give a compatibility list for the flash, but nothing came up in my initial search.

2. Ulysses

Ulysses Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2013
    Thanks very much, Dave! I should have known the Japanese site would have more relevant info on this. :smile:

One mystery solved, but questions remain, such as "WHY is it incompatible?"

3. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    I assume that it is incompatible because it needs to draw power from the AP-2, which I presume is not possible on cameras equipped with a built-in flash. But why would you want to use the FL-LM2 on the E-P5, which has its own built-in flash?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ulysses

Ulysses Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2013
    Interesting theory, but I'm not sure it makes complete sense. After all, if a device like the VF-4 draws power from that port without a problem, why would there be an issue for the FL-LM2? or is the draw just too high for this flash?

5. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    Possibly. It is just a guess. But it might also be that the camera cannot cope with having two on board flashes at once.

• Like Like x 1