We often see posts from people planning this or that trip, and curious about what the "best" set of lense to bring along. I just got back from two weeks in Italy and Spain and thought I'd share my actual usage data. Note that these are for all the shots that made it home, not those which will be selected as "keepers" shortly. I took with me four lenses: 9-18/4.0-5.6, 12-35/2.8, 35-100/2.8 and 17/1.8. I also took my RX100m3, which has an 8.8-25.7, equivalent in field of view to the 12-35. RX100: 201 (20%) --> 12-35: 556 (56%) --> the two mid-range zooms total 76% 35-100: 121 (12%) 9-18: 96 (10%) 17: 13 (1%) Of course, when I was carrying the RX100, I couldn't select anything other than the built-in zoom. But still, at least for me, The mid-range zooms dominate.