1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fl-600r Flash with manual lenses

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by dlhomesolutions, Mar 22, 2016.

1. dlhomesolutions

dlhomesolutions Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2013
    Peoria, IL
    Hi,

I was using my OMD em5 II with the 8 millimeter samyang fisheye lens today. I noticed that my flash the FL - 600 r did not function in TTL mode. When using manual lenses do I also have to enter manual mode for the Flash?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Mu-43 mobile app

2. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Manual or Auto should work.

3. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

What mode was your camera in? If you use the flash in TTL and use the camera in manual exposure mode, the flash should work fine and auto calculate output for you.

To be honest, though, flashes really can't cover extreme wide angles. Most only specify coverage down to 24-28mm equivalent. You may just have not been able to tell it was working because your lens was so wide.

4. dlhomesolutions

dlhomesolutions Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2013
    Peoria, IL
    Well the flash itself said RC mode when I put the samyang on. It was TTL when I had the 12-40 pro on

Sent from my SM-N920V using Mu-43 mobile app

5. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    Both the flash and the camera have flash settings and they need to align with each other. If the flash is in RC mode, then the camera needs to be in RC mode. The manuals for the camera and flash can help with the settings and there are not the many pages.

The FL-600r can seem finicky or impossible until you play with it a little bit on how to make changes.