1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

FL-600 Flashing LED in RC Mode?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by SkiHound, Jun 18, 2013.

1. SkiHound

SkiHound Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    How do I shut the flashing LED off when in RC mode? Thanks.

2. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    I don't think you can, that's my only annoyance with the 600, really don't know why they couldn't put a little red led on there as well. I actually sat down and read through the manual and all I can find is a setting to turn down the brightness but I haven't checked to see if that affects the RC flashing mode or just when you activate it for video use. As it is out of the box I find it WAY to bright and distracting.

3. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Gaffers tape.

4. SkiHound

SkiHound Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    Thanks. Thought I was just being an idiot for not being able to figure out how to turn this off. I've not found any solutions poking around on line. Very annoying and I don't understand why this would be the default setting.

5. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    Its there to let you know when the flash is recharged and ready to shoot. Other flashes just use a little red led.

Sent from my Samsung Note II via mu-43 app.

6. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I believe that you can turn it off if you switch to manual mode but that defeats the object of TTL!

I have the FL600 as well and off camera it is a pain to use in RC mode as it must have direct line of sight with the on camera flash trigger and the receiving sensor is too small, on the front so must always point at the camera.

Trying to use in RC mode off camera with a shoot through umbrella and the ancillary flash that came with the OMD is a waste of time, the flash mounts forwards or backwards on the bracket that holds umbrella & flash so unless it is mounted backwards (head rotated 180) and directly in front of the small on camera trigger (and often obsuring the lens), it will not fire..........not good so unless I go for a radio trigger I am stuffed!!! should have saved more and got the FL50R instead!!!

I do not want to use in a reflecting umbrella and it still needs direct line of sight.....same problem.

Not a happy bunny as you can see