FL-50R + GH2: no old-school auto with legacy lenses?

addieleman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ad
Today I noticed again that I can't select the "Auto" mode on the FL-50R mounted on the GH2, if I use a legacy lens. I can only select Manual or Auto TTL mode on the flash; the camera is set to M and a shutter time of 1/60 s. Taking the flash of the camera, no problem, I can select Auto mode and an aperture and ISO setting. I admit I haven't experimented yet with a lot of combinations of all kinds of settings.

Is there a way to have the FL-50R mounted on the GH2 on Auto while using legacy glass? So far I'm holding on to my Nikon SB-26 which allows to do this while on camera, but doesn't copy the ISO setting from the camera.

Sammyboy

m43 Pro
The flash is communicating with the camera via the data pins, try putting tape over the data pins and it will work. There is one data pin in particular that causes this communication, but I don't remember which one it is. Try it and report back.

addieleman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ad
The flash is communicating with the camera via the data pins, try putting tape over the data pins and it will work. There is one data pin in particular that causes this communication, but I don't remember which one it is. Try it and report back.
Thanks, it's a way-out if it can't be settled by changing settings.

i-r4tT3jV-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Both these patches prevent communication between flash and camera about the aperture setting. Shame though that I lose ISO sync as well.

Latest threads

Top Bottom