1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

FL-36R At Cameta

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by ccunningham, Dec 31, 2012.

1. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    • Like Like x 2
  2. zucchiniboy

zucchiniboy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 13, 2010
    San Francisco
    Would thi work properly with a GX1?

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yes, Zucciniboy. 100% (100% of what your camera can do, that is. It will also allow RC mode for Oly cameras as well). This flash can also be operated as a dumb slave, which is something no Panasonic flash (ie, like the Panny FL360, which is Panny's version of this flash) can do. So you could say it'll work 110% with your camera. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    It will work fine with a GX1 except that the wireless functionality wont work as there is no wireless facility in the GX1

5. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Wireless flash is da bomb! Love my old FL36R. The $20 extra is totally worth it.

6. jaegr

jaegr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 20, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Anyone know if this will fit the Pany G5?

7. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    As far as I know (and like Ned and others have pointed out) it should work in TTL mode on the hot shoe of Olympus or Panasonic cameras, and in wireless remote control TTL mode (like Nikon CLS) on Olympus cameras/flashes that support it, such as the E-PL1's in-built flash or the E-M5 + the tiny E-M5 kit flash. (FWIW I just sold one of my Nikon SB600s and ordered two of these FL-36Rs for a neat TTL wireless kit I can use as I'm slowly paring away DSLR gear that I'm replacing with mFT gear.) The recycle times on the FL-36/Rs are supposed to be a little long (10-15 secs) due to only having two batteries, but for the price/features combination I'm okay with that. I had been doing some educatin' myself, since as a Nikon user I was accustomed to CLS, and I discovered that Olympus seems to have built a system similar to the CLS system I've used and I wanted to take advantage of that.
    If you have Panasonic bodies and/or don't plan on using the wireless TTL control, it seems like you could save 20USD and get the FL-36 instead. Although I probably would just spend the extra $20, since you never know...

• Like Like x 2
  8. zucchiniboy

zucchiniboy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 13, 2010
    San Francisco
    Thanks Ned. In dumb slave mode, do you just set the output on the flash, and then it triggers off any flash it sees?