FL-300R flash intensity as slaves.

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Dave in Wales, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    What I know........not much.

FL-300R can be used as a slave and it's intensity varied.

What I don't know.......quite a bit.

If two FL-300R's are used, can their flash intensity be varied individually.

How?...Guessing here, by assigning each to a group, how does the camera, E-M1, know the difference?

If anyone has a linky explaining how to operate 'Olympus Wireless remote control Photography' it would be nice.
  2. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Assign each FL-300R to a separate group: A and the other in B.

The E-M1 (I have the EM-5) will have a menu that allows you to adjust the flash compensation for each group.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. photo_owl

photo_owl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2013
    this is one of those questions that has answers on every level - thay are all correct, and at the end of the day it's the interpretations that are relevant.

if 3 or less flashes are beig used just allocate each it's own channel to give individual control.

control in anything but manual will be 'proportionate', but proportionate to what is more compicated than using M settings if you wish to predict the contribution of any single flash! in ttl auto the camera only knows the total light on the scene and has no concept of where any particular flash is positioned ie you could set F1 to 50% but place it closer and it will not contribute only 50% to the lighting.

it's all good fun though - and the control is there as long as you appreciate what's happening!
    • Like Like x 1