Fixer Upper

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Robert Spoecker, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Robert Spoecker

Robert Spoecker Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2010
    A Fixer Upper

Perfect for the handyman

Roof opening ready to drop Sky Light in

Just needs a little bit of cosmetic work

Ready to move into (next summer when it isn't raining)

forsale.

Robert

2. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    There are a few of those around here..... brand new
    since the bottom dropped out...

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Robert, for a second there I thought you were a real estate sales person!:eek:

This photograph has a very eerie quality to me, almost as though it might have been taken after a very, very, very serious bomb was dropped. Thankfully, I've never been around when any bomb has been dropped... And your sky here is too blue for that, so I'm relieved!

I think you've framed it really well and especially like that hideaway to the right where I can see a strong shadow cast, and into another room with an open window with a view outside.

4. Robert Spoecker

Jan 23, 2010
    Hi BBW

You know that a bomb never occurred to me and neither did fire. I now suspect that long ago it was gutted by a fire and never restored again. There are black/grey marks that might be soot marks but they look very old. Not at all fresh, and there is no smoke smell either.

A bomb in the middle of Joshua Tree town?

The way your mind works is a little scary. I live in Joshua Tree. :rofl:

Robert

5. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Hi Robert, just where is Joshua Tree??

6. Bill Gordon

Hi again Robert, sorry I did not do my research, but I have now, you are in a suburb of Los angeles:rofl:

Please don't mind my sense of humour but I did find out where you are and that it is a National Park in Calyfornia just outside of Los angeles!!

7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Robert, I assure you I had no idea this fixer upper was in your town.:biggrin:

8. Robert Spoecker

Jan 23, 2010
    Bill,

Joshua tree is about 150 miles (250 kilometers) from Los Angeles. Los Angeles is big, but not so big they consider us a suburb. :biggrin:

Robert

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bill Gordon

Thanks Robert, I have been to L.A. stayed in Santa Monica travelled down to Huntington Beach and it was all built up all the way!! That part of the world is just crammed into one huge Community!! I enjoyed my stay both times 2002 and 2005, met a bunch of Oly owners, at that time we all had the E-10/20 and enjoying the camera very much. Oh, and thanks for being a good sport:2thumbs: