Fixed the Cosmicar 8mm

ahuyevshi

Mu-43 Veteran
Not bad at all.....

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ahuyevshi

Mu-43 Veteran
Same exact lens... Grinded the hell out of the mount with dremel.... for 30 bucks I really didn't take too many precautions... Apparently as Kai pointed out the aperture marking being perpendicular to the hotshoe is way off... This thing needed to turn 1/2 turn further.. As such the aperture marking is directly the bottom.

The shot above was 3 seconds at F/11

Here is a pic of the lens

wilson.c

Mu-43 Regular
Ouch! for the lens!! I just lost out on a 25mm last night on evilbay. Think it went for $49. I was looking for around $20-30 range. I would have taken it to my trusty machinist to help me cut down the edges. Be glad they did not use stainless steel in those days ;-)

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
Is that a cropped and doctored image. Hard to believe no vignetting from a 8mm c-mount lens.

P.S. I have never seen a cut-down job with as much 'character' as that.

ahuyevshi

Mu-43 Veteran
It's cropped of course... Lol ;) You should see what I can do with a clutch :)

Out of camera.. only cropped.. You get reasonable 1600x1600 shots.. Which are fine for 5x5 prints... I wouldn't go any higher...

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
impressive , i do alot of dremel modifications but never a c mount lens , i used a dremel to modify my case with a 90 mm contax g mount len and to make an ebony grip also to remove stubborn lenses from 110 minolta zoom cameras , etc do you have a pic uncropped, im curious how much larger youve made the image circle with the deeper recessing vs the images in the other thread

laptoprob

Mu-43 Regular
So how wide does it compare to? Taking the vignetting in account? I have a 12,5 Meopta something, produces almost a full round circle. A rectangular cutout would be like 24mm Iirc. That's why square is a good way to use these lenses.

ahuyevshi

Mu-43 Veteran
Cosina, I'll upload some tonight... I set the camera to 6x6 and there wasn't much to crop.. Given the 6x6 is just digital crop anyway... I'll take a full size tonight for comparison..

Laptopprob, I honestly don't know.... Even in what's in view I't still seems wider than my CV 15mm...

ahuyevshi

Mu-43 Veteran
This thing is Stupid Wide in the available fov... I was standing across the street was able to get a 30 story building.. Will post tonight

kai.e.g.

Mu-43 Regular
Well done!! I knew you'd get there eventually. The rear end of your lens is... how can I put this gently and diplomatically? Oh, I know: Butt Ugly!! :rofl: But who cares what it looks like back there; you never see it while it's mounted, and the fantastic image results speaks loudly!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom