FIXED! Kirk Tuck blog

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Fmrvette, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    EDIT: Issue resolved as of 4:15 p.m. Eastern 12/20/12.

Original message below:

Just a head's up that Kirk Tuck's Visual Science Lab blog is temporarily off line.

Notification came from Mike Johnston at The Online Photographer:

Regular readers of Kirk's have doubtless noticed that his popular blog "The Visual Science Lab" in inaccessible today. This is no doubt very temporary; Kirk asked me to tell you that he's working on the situation and hopes it will be resolved soon.

If you haven't checked out Kirk's site, give it a view (when it returns). Kirk is a professional photographer who brings a different spin to the art. It's one of my daily stops (disclaimer, Kirk don't pay me fer nuthin', I just like the way he writes and makes photographs).

Regards,

Jim

2. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I logged onto Kirk's site yesterday and got this message...which is still there:

"Dec 19
    Blog Note: We'll be on vacation until after the New Year. Hope you have a nice Holiday!!!! Today is the last day in the studio for 2012. I'll be on vacation for the rest of the year. I look forward to writing more stuff next year. Maybe you'll come back and read it. I enjoyed hosting the blog. I hope it's been entertaining and mildly informative. New stuff going up on 500 px: 500px / Kirk Tuck / Photos See you in a couple weeks."

Given Mike Johnston's remarks, I have to wonder if there's more here than meets the eye.

3. nianys

nianys Mu-43 Regular

Kirk's blog is the best on the web, and would be my pick if I could follow only one.

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    I don't think so - the blog is back. Earlier today it was giving a "Blog has been deleted" message :eek:.

It appears that the host is automated and it can take some time to reach customer service to get things fixed when they go awry.

Maybe Kirk forgot to put a quarter in the meter... :biggrin: (For just a moment I thought the Mayans had started a day early...)

Regards,

Jim

5. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    That makes sense. Blogger is a very buggy and balky platform even on the best of days. Posting responses to Kirk's stories can be a challenge.

6. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I think it's the special pop-out layout he chose that causes the problems. I had no difficulty with the old default blogger layout. One reason why I haven't visited in a long while.

7. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Same here : HATE the newer layout and popups.
    I think its designed to get more 'clicks' per visitor, at least that's the only reason I can think of for such a clunky system.

Old one was much better.