FIXED! Kirk Tuck blog

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Fmrvette, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    EDIT: Issue resolved as of 4:15 p.m. Eastern 12/20/12.

Original message below:

Just a head's up that Kirk Tuck's Visual Science Lab blog is temporarily off line.

Notification came from Mike Johnston at The Online Photographer:

Regular readers of Kirk's have doubtless noticed that his popular blog "The Visual Science Lab" in inaccessible today. This is no doubt very temporary; Kirk asked me to tell you that he's working on the situation and hopes it will be resolved soon.

If you haven't checked out Kirk's site, give it a view (when it returns). Kirk is a professional photographer who brings a different spin to the art. It's one of my daily stops (disclaimer, Kirk don't pay me fer nuthin', I just like the way he writes and makes photographs).

Regards,

Jim

2. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I logged onto Kirk's site yesterday and got this message...which is still there:

"Dec 19
    Blog Note: We'll be on vacation until after the New Year. Hope you have a nice Holiday!!!! Today is the last day in the studio for 2012. I'll be on vacation for the rest of the year. I look forward to writing more stuff next year. Maybe you'll come back and read it. I enjoyed hosting the blog. I hope it's been entertaining and mildly informative. New stuff going up on 500 px: 500px / Kirk Tuck / Photos See you in a couple weeks."

Given Mike Johnston's remarks, I have to wonder if there's more here than meets the eye.

3. nianys

nianys Mu-43 Regular

Kirk's blog is the best on the web, and would be my pick if I could follow only one.

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    I don't think so - the blog is back. Earlier today it was giving a "Blog has been deleted" message :eek: .

It appears that the host is automated and it can take some time to reach customer service to get things fixed when they go awry.

Maybe Kirk forgot to put a quarter in the meter... :biggrin: (For just a moment I thought the Mayans had started a day early...)

Regards,

Jim

5. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    That makes sense. Blogger is a very buggy and balky platform even on the best of days. Posting responses to Kirk's stories can be a challenge.

6. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I think it's the special pop-out layout he chose that causes the problems. I had no difficulty with the old default blogger layout. One reason why I haven't visited in a long while.

7. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Same here : HATE the newer layout and popups.
    I think its designed to get more 'clicks' per visitor, at least that's the only reason I can think of for such a clunky system.

Old one was much better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.