Fittest L-plate for Olympus E-P5

GrandpaBert

New to Mu-43
I have been a big fan of RRS for my Olympus Camera & Lens Plates but for some reason known only to themselves, they have refused to produce an L Plate for the Oly E-P5! Instead, they tell me to use a mickey mouse generic plate more suited to a lightweight P&S camera. I finally broke down and purchased a FITTEST BRAND L Plate with Attached Grip for less than $40 [from China, of course] . I wasn't expecting too much in the way of quality but boy am I surprised! It is very close to my RRS Plates in terms of fit & finish [time will tell on the finish] and at less than 1/4 of what RRS would charge, its a bargain. I doubt if I will buy anything else from RRS based on this!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rudy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I just got one as well.
Five day (free) shipping from China to California.
Bulks up the EP-5 quite a bit, but it's nice for bigger lenses, like my Tamron 180 f/2.5...
Rudy

GrandpaBert

New to Mu-43
Hard to imagine how they can sell it for as little as $35 and ship it for free as well!

GrandpaBert

New to Mu-43
Pics of my new Fittest L Plate for Oly E-P5

Pics of my Fittest LB-EP5 as requested

betamax

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alan
well I finally got one of these. Thanks for the heads up by the OP.

It's not so practical holding it with one hand, and feels a little slippery. The grip should have wrapped around the straps and over the right latch, as it feels a little precarious. But holding it with both hands, it feels great. It definitely solves the problem of the O12-40 as it feels secure and balanced. Weight all up is 1020 grams.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom