Fishing for votes :)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by pake, Oct 19, 2011.

1. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    So here's the deal... There's a photography contest in a Finnish camera store's website. I've sent a picture I took in Edinburgh, Scotland a few weeks ago. The TOP-10 most voted pictures get into finals and the jury selects the winner. The winners gets a Canon EOS 600D.

I'd like to win this contest so my girlfriend can upgrade her old Canon 350D to a better 600D. In other words, I'd sell the 600D to her for a modest fee and buy some m4/3 gear for myself... :biggrin:

Obviously I'm not demanding you guys to vote but I'd preciate if you think my picture is worth voting. The voting can be done by clicking the big plus sign on this page: Rajala Pro Shopin kuvakilpailu
  2. DrLazer

DrLazer Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2011
    Sheffield, UK
    Sell it to your girlfriend!! Why not give it her for free?
  3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Just so we know we are voting on the right photo.....the link takes me to one with lightning bolts in a glass orb. Is that the one?
  4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I voted for the static electricity in the orb (what are those things called again?) - hope that was the right one! It *is* a very nice image. Good luck!
  5. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    Well, you made me feel selfish now... :biggrin: She's about to buy a Canon 5D mk2 and I though she wouldn't "settle" for that 600D anyways. When I told her about the contest and said I would sell the camera to buy me some m4/3 gear (if I won), she said she wouldn't mind trying the 600D to see if that would be sufficient for her. So we came to a compromise where we both would get something we want. :biggrin:

And yes, it's the "electric orb" picture. Thanks for the votes. :cool:
  6. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
  7. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    +1 ... ^That's what I'm charging for my vote.^

8. aznick

aznick Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2010
    Arizona USA
    You got my vote but give your girlfriend a good deal!
  9. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    Thanks guys! I just need enough money to FINALLY buy the new Olympus 45mm lens... :wink: Or the VF-2.