1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Fisheye Converter

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by JLatimer, Apr 26, 2011.

1. JLatimer

JLatimer Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 26, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Do any users here have experience with the FCON-P01. I would like to have some feedback on it.

Thanks.

2. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    I did not use that particular one, but I use a cheap one from Ebay.
    Results are OK.

Here's an example :

sized_P1140541-2.
    C U,
    Rafael

3. JLatimer

JLatimer Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 26, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks,

Cool image. There is a lot of blur in the corners. I am assuming that is going to be normal with a converter.

I think my dream of good fisheye results for less than $1300 is going to remain a dream :)

I was about to pull the trigger on the FCON-P01 then realized it only works on the 14-42 II version.

• Like Like x 1
  4. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Well, I found at least the Peleng 8mm for micro4/3 to be A LOT cheaper that 1300$. I don't know how good/bad it is, however.

Also, Samyang has an 8mm Fisheye well under your price, but it is said to be for APS sensor sizes, and I don't know how much fisheye effect will be left on the smaller micro4/3

And Amazon has the Panasonic original 8mm Fisheye for 750$
    Other suppliers may even be cheaper :cool:

So, the choice is yours !!

C U
    Rafael

• Like Like x 1
  5. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Is the Oly even available yet?

6. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    I use one. True fisheye on the 35mm SLR, full frame fisheye on :43: since I bought it in "N" mount to use also with Nikon-to-:43: adapter.

It's bulky, heavy on a :43: but good... if you don't hit a poorly machined one which won't focus to infinity (case of my old 17mm Peleng, which I use nonetheless, just a bit stopped down). At f/4 to f/11 it may be not perfect but definitely not worse than the much more expensive Sigma 8mm. Or Nikon's slightly overrated 10.5mm which uses in-camera corrections to compensate strong red-blue colour fringing in the edges. Sold it...

As for Samyang's 8, it uses an odd projection. Corner to corner it won't give you a 180° field on :43: but rather 165°. Which explains why the one they plan for our format is 7.5mm.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BrianK

BrianK Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 20, 2011
    Lansing MI
  8. OPSSam

OPSSam Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    NC
    Yep. They have the fisheye and the macro converter on the U.S. Store website last time I checked. No wide angle yet.