1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Fisheye adapters?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by apicius9, Mar 25, 2011.

1. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Hi,

I am not sure if that falls under this one or under accessories, but I was wondering whether anybody has good or bad experiences with a fisheye adapter. I am skeptical about the myriad of cheap ones offered on ebay, and for the few times I would want one, the prices for the Peleng are higher than what I want to spend - and the price for the Pany one is plain ridiculous. I found a few brand name wide angle adapters that I am quite happy with, so maybe there is also a more extreme one out there that produces pictures one can look at without disgust?

Thanks,

Stefan

2. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Hi Stefan !

I've bought recently a x0.25 FishEye convertor from Danubia.
    Combined with the 14-45mm kitlens through a 52-55 stepup ring.
    When the kitlens is set @ 14mm the combo gets to a focal length of 3.5mm :eek: but that gives a circular image.
    I did not use it very much yet, but the picture quality seems to be OK.

sized_P1140531.

sized_P1140541-2.

Have a nice day,
    Rafael​

3. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Thanks Rafael, that IQ looks nice enough for occasional use to me. When I google Danubia, I land at Adorama and Pro-optic lenses - are these the same? Do you have a link to the one you bought? I assume, combining it with the small zoom would give the most versatility. I can always try hanging it on a Summicron later to see what happens ;) Thanks,

Stefan