Fisheye adapters?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by apicius9, Mar 25, 2011.

1. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Hi,

I am not sure if that falls under this one or under accessories, but I was wondering whether anybody has good or bad experiences with a fisheye adapter. I am skeptical about the myriad of cheap ones offered on ebay, and for the few times I would want one, the prices for the Peleng are higher than what I want to spend - and the price for the Pany one is plain ridiculous. I found a few brand name wide angle adapters that I am quite happy with, so maybe there is also a more extreme one out there that produces pictures one can look at without disgust?

Thanks,

Stefan

2. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Hi Stefan !

I've bought recently a x0.25 FishEye convertor from Danubia.
    Combined with the 14-45mm kitlens through a 52-55 stepup ring.
    When the kitlens is set @ 14mm the combo gets to a focal length of 3.5mm :eek:  but that gives a circular image.
    I did not use it very much yet, but the picture quality seems to be OK.

sized_P1140531.

sized_P1140541-2.

Have a nice day,
    Rafael​

3. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks Rafael, that IQ looks nice enough for occasional use to me. When I google Danubia, I land at Adorama and Pro-optic lenses - are these the same? Do you have a link to the one you bought? I assume, combining it with the small zoom would give the most versatility. I can always try hanging it on a Summicron later to see what happens ;)  Thanks,

Stefan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.