First walk with new EM1-Three Lily's

Discussion in 'Nature' started by DannyHx2, Jul 5, 2015.

1. DannyHx2

DannyHx2 New to Mu-43

Jul 3, 2015
    I finally got into Micro 4/3 last week with the EM1, thanks to the great 4th of July sale going on. I have used the E5 for the last 5 years and liked the brand. After almost two days of Google searches and questions, I finally have the EM1 setup. There are still features I need to research that I'll incorporate latter. This first shot I wanted to test out the ISO and F-stop abilities. I used a ISO 800 and F22 to see how it looked and test the stabilizer.
    I'm really happy with the setup. I can keep my eye's on the camera and access all the buttons I need to adjust the shot, see the results in the eye piece and with the 12-40mm on it, it's half the weight of the E5 with 12-60mm.

Three times a Lily.

• Like Like x 5
  2. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    Danny, glad you like your new setup - however try the same shot at f5.6 - you don't need f22 unless you are trying to slow down water at noon.

3. DannyHx2

DannyHx2 New to Mu-43

Jul 3, 2015
    Thanks for the comment. I was trying full depth of field and testing improvements on the stabilization. Always interesting to see what I'll get and how everything works since you never know what situation you might be in.

4. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    I see where you are coming from. I still say that for "keepers" you may want to experiment with much wider apertures. That is if you want the sharpest results possible.