1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

First video of EPL5& EPM2 :)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Bhupinder2002, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi guys
    Here is a video showing EPL5 and EPM2
    Cheers
    [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WEoHSxXvCI]Olympus PEN E-PL5 and E-M2 - YouTube[/ame]

• Like Like x 2
  2. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Olympus Pen - purrfect camera for cat ladies around the world...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYgLpkE1YI4"]Capture moving subjects | OLYMPUS PEN - YouTube[/ame]

:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

Is this yet another version of the kitlens? Does not look like the one supplied with the E-PL3... regardless I hope that they will sell body only versions as well, how many kitlenses does anybody need...:)

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    The EPM2 is looking better in the video than it did in the first shots I saw. But, I think if I was to get one of these "little" cameras, I would want the flip screen with the new 15mm f/8 lens.

5. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    im def interested in the epm2! - i still dont get tilting lcd screens....

6. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Not too impressed with the brutish screw in the side of the PL5. I do have a bad case of GAS for the PM2. Nice one Olympus!

7. chicaboo

chicaboo Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2012
    Logan, QLD, Australia
    Gav
    If we're lucky, that brutish screw will let us use the nice optional upgrade grip off the E-P3. :biggrin:

8. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Oh no! At least we know who a big portion of their target market is.

Still, it's a great compact!

9. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    :biggrin: :biggrin:

10. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    It's the original MKI kit lens, you can tell by the 40.5mm thread size. Don't worry I'm sure it will come with the current 14-42 mkII R version. Kit lens are almost always continually packaged with new bodies, as that way it's a complete kit for the new user, and somewhat guarantees you'll upgrade glass eventually. Also this is why kit lens don't hold much resale value, as most people have or had one.

11. btango05

btango05 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2012
    Lathrop CA
    Do you think the HDR bracket feature will be available in a firmware update for the
    OM-5?

12. chicaboo

chicaboo Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2012
    Logan, QLD, Australia
    Gav
    Exposure bracketing is your HDR - but you need to run the frames through Lightroom+Enfuse, Photoshop or Fotomatix to make a single HDR file. If the E-M5 doesn't do HDR in-camera now, it never will. :frown:

13. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I think Olympus might feel that doing in camera HDR is more for P&S type shooters than enthusiasts. I know sony offers it in several of their cams. Either that, or they just don't know how to implement it in firmware.

14. BAKatz

BAKatz Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 9, 2010
    Riverdale, NY
    did everyone catch the new 15mm f8 lens mounted on the EPL-5 ?

15. btango05

btango05 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2012
    Lathrop CA
    I'm not talking about "in camera HDR" I'm talking about "HDR bracketing" at 0:50 in the video. This option is not available on EM-5. I'm thinking this is like the Canon 3 exposure bracket feature.