1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

first try

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by skurnianto, Feb 7, 2013.

1. skurnianto

skurnianto Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2013
    Dover, NH, US
    • Like Like x 8
  2. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    Nice, clean, crisp b&w images so you're off to a very good start. I like the first one for its good tonal range. The 2nd one is good, too but is a bit too grey for my taste. Are you new to M43 or just the forum? Either way, welcome! :smile:

3. skurnianto

skurnianto Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2013
    Dover, NH, US
    thanks for the comments. yup....i am new in m43, have the panny G3 for about a month and this is my first non point&shoot camera. So, I'd like to know more about the photography.

4. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    there are tons of talented, very helpful photographers/photo enthusiasts here. you're in good company. :thumbup:

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Very nice. I prefer the second although there could probably be a bit more contrast/deeper blacks. I would prefer a bit more detail in the first. :cool:

6. skurnianto

skurnianto Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2013
    Dover, NH, US
    thanks for the input. it helps me for taking better pics.

7. skurnianto

skurnianto Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2013
    Dover, NH, US
    • Like Like x 1
  8. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    You are definetely in the right road! I like your photos! keep up the good work!

9. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Nice job on the last one. I see photos shot upwards all the time that end up giving people tons of extra weight (especially around the chin). This works! Would have been even cooler if the lightpost had fully been in frame, but moving large physical objects is a pain...

10. skurnianto

skurnianto Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2013
    Dover, NH, US
    thanks for visiting the thread and giving comment.

11. skurnianto

skurnianto Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2013
    Dover, NH, US
    thanks for the input. should I crop this pic to remove the light and the top of the building?

12. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Personally, I really like the top of the building being in the shot. Maybe see what bringing in the left (and to a degree, the right) does? Leave the lamppost in the window reflection, but take out the partial? Play with it, and see what jumps out at you. It is a great shot as is, just thinking about a couple of other takes. I personally don't worry about standard dimensional formats (4x3, 3x2, 16x9, etc), but I also rarely print.

• Like Like x 1
  13. skurnianto

skurnianto Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2013
    Dover, NH, US
  14. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I started playing around with B&W as well. I have processed them in the camera but a little PP also produces good results. Sometimes the B&W really tells the story better than the colors...

Here is an old garage, very near downtown Atlanta and it so reminded me of the garages of the '60s & '70s..

unitedtransmissions.

15. skurnianto

skurnianto Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2013
    Dover, NH, US