First time-lapse with E-M1...

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by jim251, Apr 22, 2014.

1. jim251

jim251 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 18, 2014
    VA USA
    I recently did my first-ever time-lapse video and thought I'd post it here, mainly since it was with my E-M1 and 12-40.

A while back I went to The Swiss Bakery in Springfield, VA, only to buy bread, and just happened to have another camera on me. The place was hopping and I decided to take a few shots. No one said anything to me including the owner who was on site and even observed me. The photos were nice so a few weeks later I went back and gave the owner a big print as thanks for letting me do it.

There is an observation window into the kitchen/prep area where you can watch a lot of people doing a lot of things simultaneously - loads of fun. Since the owner was very pleased with the print I mentioned how the kitchen would be a pretty cool place to do a time-lapse video. She was only a bit familiar with time-lapse but after some explanation of what I wanted to do, she was all for it. I left out the fact that I had never really done one before... ;)

I did a practice video the following week - me grilling a fish - not exciting but I had to figure out the settings. The E-M1 really made it all straightforward and doable, especially considering my lack of experience.

Camera was moved half way through from kitchen-rear to kitchen-front. The starkness of the kitchen and their red caps gave me the idea for the post-processing of the selective color.

The hardest part actually was finding music that passed the youtube copyright sensors. It was only luck that led me to this audio that came rights-free.

Anyhoo, enjoy... Comments appreciated...

(edit: after viewing here I don't know why you have to go to YouTube to see it fullscreen (Recommended...)

All the best,
    • Like Like x 8
  2. popiT

popiT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    BayArea, CA
    Fun time lapse and music goes well. I can view full screen from my iPad.