First Time Bad Experience on eBay in 14 years

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by uscrx, Oct 20, 2013.

1. uscrx

uscrx Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    Shasta Cascade
    I've been eBaying since 1999 with good experience. And the vendor I'm listing below is probably a fair vendor with majority of the products sold are delivered as described.

Except, I didn't have a good experience. Ordered a wireless remote trigger on September 8, 6 weeks ago and I never received the shipment. Inquired about it and they claimed to have sent another one (without tracking because that would have been cost prohibitive) which I never received.

eBay consumer service had to force them to issue a refund which I received.

Just wanted to give my forum friends a heads up since the vendor sells many u43 items.

Bondscamera from Hong Kong
  2. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    I've recently had a couple of very slow deliveries from China/Hong Kong. Recently several have arrived after 4 weeks or longer, I'm still waiting for one ordered in August!
    Others have arrived in only a few days.
    You might end up with two.
  3. uscrx

uscrx Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    Shasta Cascade
    I know....if so, I will pay the vendor.
  4. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    I've been waiting 6 weeks now for something from Hong Kong. I opened one of those "resolve the problem" things through paypal, and I've messaged the seller, but no response. Maybe they're hoping it'll arrive if they just wait it out. Geographically I'm closer to HK (compared to you guys from UK, US etc) so this is really unusual.
  5. uscrx

uscrx Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    Shasta Cascade
    Well, evidently they never sent the 2nd shipment. They were Just trying to buy time in hopes of 1st lost shipment to make it which never showed up. Glad I got the refund through eBay.
  6. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    I just got a $2 wrist strap from China that took 4 weeks to arrive. Normally most stuff I buy from China takes about 2 weeks, 3 weeks max, so this was a new record for slowness. Interestingly, my ebay purchase info said to allow 3-5 weeks for it. As it was a $2 item that I didn't need urgently (if I did, I would have paid $6-8 and gotten it from the U.S.) I just sat tight, and it finally showed up yesterday.
  7. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2013
    Oahu, gathering place of many cars
    Peter Gunn
    International shipment services are often whack. I've mailed several items to Canada and had them sit in the USPS international shipping depot for weeks. I could actually see it on tracking! This year USPS removed the tracking option for international shipping so I never know what the heck happened unless the customer complains. I've had similar long delays for items I've mailed to Korea and yet sometimes they take less than a week. So it ain't always the vender's fault...
  8. lorenzo1910

lorenzo1910 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 10, 2013
    Massa Carrara,Tuscany
    I stopped buy from States due to OUR custom problems (delay and stolen packets)...Often the seller is not guilty at all...
    Packets from Asia to Italy usually are delivered in 6 to 8 weeks