First time at the beach with my E-PL1

vietcam

Mu-43 Regular
Really enjoying it.

P3240651.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P3260684.jpg

P3260693.jpg

P3260722.jpg

P3260791.jpg

P3260796.jpg

P3260691.jpg

P3260754.jpg

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Perfect colors and perfectly beautiful - that camera is a great performer in these photos...is it you or the camera?:wink: I think it's both - and your lovely family.

Thanks so much - these pictures make me feel good. They're like a breath of fresh air.

tpitch14

Mu-43 Regular
LOVE these shots... another nudge for me in the direction of the E-PL1. Were these taken with the kit lens? Any post-processing, or just straight OOC jpegs?

vietcam

Mu-43 Regular
Thank you for all the comments. I really enjoy this "little" camera. These are taken with panasonic 14-45mm since I don't like the kit lens autofocus and kids. No post-processing, just a little cropping and that's it. These are just straight OOC jpegs. I am very happy with the way this camera handle the expossure. My panasonic LX3 always under expose in the bright sunlight. Thanks for looking and happy shooting guys.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Very impressive. Yes, the camera is great but unless it was in iAuto then you must take some credit, vietcam.:thumbup: Now if you post that it was on iAuto - there's going to be a huge rush on for the E-PL1.:biggrin::wink:

I just got mine and think it's a wonderful camera, too.

Keep up the photographing!

tpitch14

Mu-43 Regular
Interesting that you favor the Pana kit lens-- good food for thought. It seems the more I read, the more I'm in favor of the Oly body with Pana lenses :rolleyes: I can't imagine the Oly kit lens is that much less acceptable...?

vietcam

Mu-43 Regular
BBW, this is how I use the camera

iAuto = never
P mode = 70% of the time
A mode = 25%
S mode = 5%
M mode = never

I think it's a waste if I use iAuto and not trying to learn how to use PASM mode on this camera because I thought I pay more money for those options :)

vietcam

Mu-43 Regular
Interesting that you favor the Pana kit lens-- good food for thought. It seems the more I read, the more I'm in favor of the Oly body with Pana lenses :rolleyes: I can't imagine the Oly kit lens is that much less acceptable...?

Yes, I do favor panasonic lens. Olympus kit lens is not bad but the autofocus is hunting even in the good light. The 14-45 autofocus is almost instant with very minimal hunting. It autofocus is even faster than my panasonic 20mm.

vietcam

Mu-43 Regular
I'm pretty much a Aperture priority user...though I do enjoy a good art filter now and again, too. True about iAuto but if one is in a sticky situation, it's a handy alternative to have.

I totally forgot about the art filter at the beach until I got home. My wife uses the camera on the kids sometime and if I leave it in A mode, she just take the picture at whatever Aperture I was in last. Actually 3 days ago, my wife took an indoor portrait of the kids at F8, 1/40 and 1600 ISO because I left it on the A mode and she doesn't remember to change it. It could have been a F1.7, 1/80, and 400 ISO instead. For this reason, I use the camera in P mode most of the time and change Aperture as needed.

vietcam

Mu-43 Regular
Thank you guys for the nice comments.
People over another forums were saying that I shouldn't take my camera to the beach because the salt water can get inside the camera and corrode the electronic parts and it also void the warranty. Well, if you look at the scene mode, they do have one for the beach so should we or should we not carry our cameras to the beach? Anyone here has experienced this salt water problem yet?

Latest threads

Top Bottom