1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

First shots with E-P2, 20mm f1.7 in NYC

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by digitalandfilm, Jul 23, 2011.

1. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    Went to dinner at Bubba Gumps on Broadway.. so I grabbed the E-P2 and 20mm 1.7 and thought it would be nice to test the camera, see how it handles, and see how well it does in the ISO 1600 neighborhood.

• Like Like x 2
  2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Very nice street shots.

Whats your opinion on the equipment?

3. digitalandfilm

Jul 18, 2011
    I'm pleasantly surprised.. and I didn't use the EVF yet.

My only tiny complaint is that it takes long to write the RAW file to the SDHC card.

However- the feather weight and ease of use is great, and Olympus IQ is great right out of the camera.. exposure seems dead on- (ha ha DEAD on shots of Zombies!)

This set-up is good with street shots, and if you had a 14-150 type zoom it would be awesome.

Anyone knows if Panasonic lens profiles are available for LR3?

4. Cool images. I love the colour and background in #4 particularly. Obviously the E-P2 shares the same RAW write-time issue with the E-P1. I generally have to press the playback button at least three times before it has finally finished writing the image and it will allow me to review it.

5. digitalandfilm

Jul 18, 2011
    Just read that lens profiles are *not* needed in Panasonic and m4/3's..

ACR and LR automatically support lens corrections for Panasonic (and more generally all Micro Four-Thirds cameras), since versions 5.2 and 2.2, respectively.