First real review of Olympus 75mm f1.8

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by dtchan, Jun 28, 2012.

1. dtchan

dtchan Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 24, 2010
    • Like Like x 4
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA

I've never seen a blur graph look that flat at SLRgear before. Crazy!
  3. FastCorner

FastCorner Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2011
    Yes. Impressive indeed.
  4. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
  5. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    Olympus hit another one out-of-the-park with the 75/1.8
  6. Mookalafalas

Mookalafalas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 22, 2012
    Tainan, Taiwan
    I was hoping it would be this good. "one of the sharpest lenses we've ever tested". YEAH!!
  7. brutto

brutto Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    Blimey! Let's hope I can find the money by the time my Amazon pre-order comes through. :eek:
  8. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    As I posted in another thread, the question is whether you really have a need for a 150mm equivalent lens, regardless of how wonderful it is. My preferences in primes have been 90-105mm and 180mm and not much time spent in between. My 80-200mm use is similar - most shots near one end or the other. YMMV, but this clearly incredible lens doesn't really ring a bell for me...
  9. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    It will be a great lens for indoor sports.
  10. tohara

tohara Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 5, 2012
    i got a chance to play with one of these when i picked up my OMD a few weeks ago. Im embarrassed to mention that at the time i didn't know it wasn't yet available. I fired off a few shots from the olympus dealers camera and i was quite surprised with the results. The bokeh was not far off the quality of my 85 1.2 ii
    I will be picking one up for sure when it's released.
  11. Liamness

Liamness Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Looks like an exceptional product for those who can make use of its focal length and have the cash. As has been said, particularly with the OM-D this would be a phenomenal lens for indoor action-type shots.

It might actually be preferable to use this over a zoom lens that goes to 200mm, as its sharpness would give you a lot of latitude to crop away.
  12. slith

slith Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2012
    Dublin, Ireland
    Why am I so drawn to the idea of buying this glass? I rarely ever shoot at 75mm (I only recently acquired a zoom that covered that length anyway). This will certainly not get past the finance department boss (gf).