First REAL image of the OM-D

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by AdamThirtle, Jan 20, 2012.

1. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    Exciting stuff....!
  2. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Picture was X'ed out for me.
  3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    It looks cool, can't wait!
  4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I didn't think I would, being pretty happy with my E-P3, but I am getting really excited about this release!

I am liking the looks from this teaser shot. Impressed that it looks fairly svelte... I was worried that it may get bulky with the weather sealing and tilt screen. Also, think that front knob is going to work great... maybe even a bit easier to use one handed than with the thumb wheel on my E-P2/3.

Beyond the looks, really interested to see what Oly was able to do with the DR.
  5. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Oh man...look at those angular lines and brushed trim on that knob. Such a tease!

Considering how far Oly has stretched their current 12mp sensor, this new 16 should be optimized to end worlds.
  6. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hmmm, I'll probably sell my E-PL2 to help finance an OM purchase!
  7. demiro

demiro Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    All I can say to the OM-D rumors is:

[ame=]Al Pacino The Godfather - Just When I Thought I Was Out - YouTube[/ame]

I've sold off my :43: kit twice now. Six bodies and numerous lenses have been purchased and re-sold. I have been strongly committed to not getting back in to it, but if the OM-D lives up to the rumors I don't think I will be able to control myself...
    • Like Like x 1
  8. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Why is it that the first leaked "real" picture of any new camera is always just a close-up detail, you'd think if anyone could get that close they'd snap the whole darn thing. Are the camera manufacturers deliberately using the rumour sites to tease us - and also drip-feed details that tell us as much what not to expect as what we might get. :wink:
    • Like Like x 4
  9. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Why PAY for advertising, when you can get a rumor site to do it for you:)
    • Like Like x 4
  10. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    lol it is definitely exciting. I can not wait. Maybe some things look better close up than whole. ;)
  11. Blastop

Blastop Mu-43 Regular

Jun 20, 2011
    I'm digging the little jutting thumb-hold on the back. I'd guess that's an official leak, it's definitely not a spy cam. Or maybe it's cropped due to tracking information on the centre of the image that would identify the leak? Still, I'm voting official release in the form of a leak.
  12. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    Besides this great new body, there are some other exciting lenses and accessories along the way. :biggrin:
  13. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Hope you're right. No matter how good the body is, a mediocre f/3.5-6.3 lens isn't going to get me excited. Quality zooms please!

14. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    Not digging the big red button. I would prefer a dial based movie mode with shutter button start/stop.
    Let's hope it can be set to off, or better still , another function .
    Video is nice to have but first and foremost I'm a stills shooter.
    I'm excited though !
  15. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    Don't spouse there is a cats chance of buying body only either !
  16. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    I actually think that the camera a $1100-1200 will be body only. The weather sealed lens is about $500, and even with a bit of cash knocked off for being bundled- I don't see the body only option being a $800-900 camera. I totally wish is comes with the lens at $1100-1200 though!

I also *really* hope it doesn't do the "rattlesnake."
  17. Qwerty

Qwerty Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2012
    Love it - give me more dials and less buttons. Hopefully there is another dial on the other side of the pentaprism hump, perhaps an ISO dial where the ISO/film rewind knob with crank usually goes.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I agree - I think people will just be getting their hopes up if they are expecting the rumoured price of $1100 or so to be a kit. If the E-5 is the 4/3 equivalent of a pro camera (with a 12MP sensor) and this is supposed to be the m43 pro camera with a (16MP sensor), a $1100 body would be a pretty good deal. Olympus would be foolish to throw in any kit lens, let alone their new one for that price.
  19. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    THIS is why I bought the cheapest m43 I could find (the E-PL1) instead of getting an E-P3.