First REAL image of the OM-D

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by AdamThirtle, Jan 20, 2012.

1. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    Exciting stuff....!

2. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Picture was X'ed out for me.

3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    It looks cool, can't wait!

4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I didn't think I would, being pretty happy with my E-P3, but I am getting really excited about this release!

I am liking the looks from this teaser shot. Impressed that it looks fairly svelte... I was worried that it may get bulky with the weather sealing and tilt screen. Also, think that front knob is going to work great... maybe even a bit easier to use one handed than with the thumb wheel on my E-P2/3.

Beyond the looks, really interested to see what Oly was able to do with the DR.

5. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Oh man...look at those angular lines and brushed trim on that knob. Such a tease!

Considering how far Oly has stretched their current 12mp sensor, this new 16 should be optimized to end worlds.

6. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hmmm, I'll probably sell my E-PL2 to help finance an OM purchase!

7. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    All I can say to the OM-D rumors is:

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvzdehnJA9k]Al Pacino The Godfather - Just When I Thought I Was Out - YouTube[/ame]

I've sold off my :43: kit twice now. Six bodies and numerous lenses have been purchased and re-sold. I have been strongly committed to not getting back in to it, but if the OM-D lives up to the rumors I don't think I will be able to control myself...

• Like Like x 1
  8. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Why is it that the first leaked "real" picture of any new camera is always just a close-up detail, you'd think if anyone could get that close they'd snap the whole darn thing. Are the camera manufacturers deliberately using the rumour sites to tease us - and also drip-feed details that tell us as much what not to expect as what we might get. :wink:

• Like Like x 4
  9. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Why PAY for advertising, when you can get a rumor site to do it for you:)

• Like Like x 4
  10. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    lol it is definitely exciting. I can not wait. Maybe some things look better close up than whole. ;)

11. Blastop

Blastop Mu-43 Regular

Jun 20, 2011
    I'm digging the little jutting thumb-hold on the back. I'd guess that's an official leak, it's definitely not a spy cam. Or maybe it's cropped due to tracking information on the centre of the image that would identify the leak? Still, I'm voting official release in the form of a leak.

12. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    Besides this great new body, there are some other exciting lenses and accessories along the way. :biggrin:

13. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Hope you're right. No matter how good the body is, a mediocre f/3.5-6.3 lens isn't going to get me excited. Quality zooms please!

DH

14. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Part time philistine Subscribing Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Yes
    Forgot
    Not digging the big red button. I would prefer a dial based movie mode with shutter button start/stop.
    Let's hope it can be set to off, or better still , another function .
    Video is nice to have but first and foremost I'm a stills shooter.
    I'm excited though !

15. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Part time philistine Subscribing Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Yes
    Forgot
    Don't spouse there is a cats chance of buying body only either !

16. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    I actually think that the camera a $1100-1200 will be body only. The weather sealed lens is about $500, and even with a bit of cash knocked off for being bundled- I don't see the body only option being a $800-900 camera. I totally wish is comes with the lens at $1100-1200 though!

I also *really* hope it doesn't do the "rattlesnake."

17. Qwerty

Qwerty Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2012
    Canada
    Love it - give me more dials and less buttons. Hopefully there is another dial on the other side of the pentaprism hump, perhaps an ISO dial where the ISO/film rewind knob with crank usually goes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    I agree - I think people will just be getting their hopes up if they are expecting the rumoured price of $1100 or so to be a kit. If the E-5 is the 4/3 equivalent of a pro camera (with a 12MP sensor) and this is supposed to be the m43 pro camera with a (16MP sensor), a $1100 body would be a pretty good deal. Olympus would be foolish to throw in any kit lens, let alone their new one for that price.

19. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    THIS is why I bought the cheapest m43 I could find (the E-PL1) instead of getting an E-P3.