First portrait with GF1/45 2.8

Ranger099

Mu-43 Rookie
New to mu-43 from DSLR (most recently owned a 7D and assorted lenses). Loving the GF1 - 45 2.8 for portraits - here's one of my first shots. My daughter heading off to the homecoming dance:

P1010148post.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Gee whiz, congratulations. You have a beautiful daughter and a beautiful picture. You've certainly brought out the best in her, love it.

That lens has a nice bokeh aye. I've never really considered this lens before but it seems to be razor sharp considering how clear the tiny wisps of hair it shows.

cheerio
icon

PS. I forgot to welcome you! Hope to see you around:)

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I am very sorry to say, but probably this is not going to improve much...
- Really nice!!!

The tilt / OoF background gives me a hint of outside in be back / front yard and doesn't distract too much at all, IMHO a good balance.

Your daugher is beautiful (of course) and a decent smile (could maybe be slightly less tense), but the twinkel (light reflection) in her eyes is simply great.
- Composition wise I would consider to crop a little from the bottom and after looking at it a little longer a little space on each side of her shoulder would also be worth considering, but don't know how it would work with the nice tilt.

Either way: great portrait!!!
- Thanks for sharing

PS: Did you do this tilt on purpose? Really nice aspect!

Latest threads

Top Bottom