First portrait with GF1/45 2.8

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Ranger099, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Ranger099

Ranger099 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    New to mu-43 from DSLR (most recently owned a 7D and assorted lenses). Loving the GF1 - 45 2.8 for portraits - here's one of my first shots. My daughter heading off to the homecoming dance:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Lovely.....I like the tilt...it adds to the comp

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Very good.
    We can see the excitement!

4. Ranger099

Ranger099 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Thanks for the kind words.

5. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

............and........I forgot to say....just a beautiful young lady...I am sure you are proud of her!!

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Wonderful - one of the nicest portraits I have seen from this lens. Thanks for sharing!

7. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Gee whiz, congratulations. You have a beautiful daughter and a beautiful picture. You've certainly brought out the best in her, love it.

That lens has a nice bokeh aye. I've never really considered this lens before but it seems to be razor sharp considering how clear the tiny wisps of hair it shows.

cheerio
    icon

PS. I forgot to welcome you! Hope to see you around:)

8. Ranger099

Ranger099 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Thanks so much for the second round of kind words. :smile:

9. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    I am very sorry to say, but probably this is not going to improve much...
    - Really nice!!!

The tilt / OoF background gives me a hint of outside in be back / front yard and doesn't distract too much at all, IMHO a good balance.

Your daugher is beautiful (of course) and a decent smile (could maybe be slightly less tense), but the twinkel (light reflection) in her eyes is simply great.
    - Composition wise I would consider to crop a little from the bottom and after looking at it a little longer a little space on each side of her shoulder would also be worth considering, but don't know how it would work with the nice tilt.

Either way: great portrait!!!
    - Thanks for sharing

PS: Did you do this tilt on purpose? Really nice aspect!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.