First pics with 45mm 1.8

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by eolake, Oct 4, 2011.

1. eolake

eolake Mu-43 Regular

Dec 21, 2009
    Lancashire, England
    Olympus E-PL3 Pen Lite with Franier grip and the brand new 45mm F:1.8 portrait lens. Beautiful.
    It's the littlest portrait lens I've ever seen. The lens cap is barely larger than a 2-£ coin.

I got the lens today, from SRS Microsystems, UK. I had pre-ordered a month ago I think.

Bokeh test at full opening. Very promising, though I have yet to test it in daylight.
    Top image with noise reduction in software, lower one without. ISO 1600. Good result for a M4/3 sensor, the first full frame Canon 5D didn't do it better. And nice soft bokeh (background blur).

• Like Like x 2
  2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    That's one sexy looking camera there!! Love the silver body with silver lens plus black grip. Nice!!
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I agree, the camera/lens/grip looks terrific.

I also agree that it's an impressively small lens. You can point an E-PL3/E-PM1/GF3/GF2 with this lens at anyone in a dinner party, and they will think it's a "point and shoot". Very casual looking. Also helps that it is optically unimpeachable.
  4. eolake

eolake Mu-43 Regular

Dec 21, 2009
    Lancashire, England
    Well said. Great for candid and street work.
    And the tiltable lens makes you look less confrontational as you look down. You can even turn slightly the other way.
    I once did this in a cafe, photographeda amongst other thing a toddler. In one pic I saw the dad look right at the camera. If it had looked like I was shooting, I'd probably have gotten a black eye!

I'd wanted a silver grip, but it doesn't exist, so I got the black one, and I gotta admit it looks verra kool indeed.