First outing with new 7-14

RonSmith

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I just got the Panasonic 7-14 on Friday and took it out for a bit yesterday. This lens is amazing, but will take some thought and practice to get the most out of it. I have to try to avoid the symmetrical composition, but it is the best way to avoid distortion.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

goldenlight

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
Results look excellent and what a focal range! I think you willl get some great results with it. :smile:

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Oh yes, Cranbrook! Have you shot there before? I will definitely check your Flickr site out, thanks Ron.

Yup, I knew I knew of Cranbrook Academy of Art!:thumbup: My memory banks still retain somethings from my past.:biggrin: Not that I attended, but I was a fine arts major, and all that.:wink:

nokiamia

Mu-43 Regular
ron smith, your pics are amazing. i like the effect that ultra wide gives. i have a question tho, is there any way to fit a polarizer filter on the 7-14?

HuubL

Mu-43 Rookie
Great shots! Here's the first shot of my newly arrived 7-14:

1:1 crop:

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Ron

Don't overlook one really important aspect about shooting with a focal length as wide as 7mm; look for interesting subjects close to you that create the lead in to the broader subject. Try to include things in the foreground as well as background, symetrical as well as asymetrical.

Cheers

Ray

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom