First outing for a micro Nikkor 55mm, f 2.8 lens

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Barrie
This was bought for it's macro capabilities and on this showing I'm well pleased. All pictures taken with the lens fitted to a G1 and focussing proved to be reasonably easy. It proved to be possible to focus wide open and then stop down with one finger operating the coupling protrusion fitted to the lens.
The camera was set to 3:2 format and the pictures are not cropped, a small degree of sharpening has been used in photoshop on the luminance channel in lab mode.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Violet

Peacock Butterfly

Lesser Celendine

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Barrie
Hi Ulfric
Hopefully many more opportunities to take more insect pictures as the year warms up, am contemplating taking a series of pictures on the butterflies of the south Devon coast path and I'll be getting my moth trap in operation soon.
Barrie

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
With my 55/2.8 Micro-Nikkor.

Kodak DCS200ir, R60 filter. The color correction on this lens is very high, and and be used for Infrared without refocusing.

The 55/2.8 Micro-Nikkor incorporated a floating element for use across the full focus range. The 55/3.5 Micro-Nikkor was optimized for 1:10. In practice, both are amazingly sharp.

And the 2.5" Hard Drive built into the camera helps keep it stable with these hand-held close-ups. Acts like a Gyro.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom