1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

First outing for a micro Nikkor 55mm, f 2.8 lens

Discussion in 'Nature' started by grebeman, Mar 21, 2010.

1. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    This was bought for it's macro capabilities and on this showing I'm well pleased. All pictures taken with the lens fitted to a G1 and focussing proved to be reasonably easy. It proved to be possible to focus wide open and then stop down with one finger operating the coupling protrusion fitted to the lens.
    The camera was set to 3:2 format and the pictures are not cropped, a small degree of sharpening has been used in photoshop on the luminance channel in lab mode.

violet.
    Violet

Peacock.
    Peacock Butterfly

lesser_celendine.
    Lesser Celendine

2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    I like the butterfly pic, not garish at all, nice colours.
    That lens is plenty sharp.

• Like Like x 1
  3. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Hi Ulfric
    Hopefully many more opportunities to take more insect pictures as the year warms up, am contemplating taking a series of pictures on the butterflies of the south Devon coast path and I'll be getting my moth trap in operation soon.
    Barrie

4. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    With my 55/2.8 Micro-Nikkor.

[​IMG]

Kodak DCS200ir, R60 filter. The color correction on this lens is very high, and and be used for Infrared without refocusing.

The 55/2.8 Micro-Nikkor incorporated a floating element for use across the full focus range. The 55/3.5 Micro-Nikkor was optimized for 1:10. In practice, both are amazingly sharp.

[​IMG]

And the 2.5" Hard Drive built into the camera helps keep it stable with these hand-held close-ups. Acts like a Gyro.