First night shot

saeveritt

Mu-43 Regular
Hey guys, this is my first attempt at taking pictures with out the sun!
I had the F set to 3.5 and shutter speed around a second or more.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I did a little bit of color correction and tampered with the exposure.
Any suggestions?

saeveritt

Mu-43 Regular
Yes, a tripod was used. Best investment so far! Is there anything that this picture is lacking? I find that the depth could be better.

hmpws

Mu-43 Regular
I think the angle could be moved slightly so the the tree is not covering the line of the house (edge of the garage for example). Maybe cover a little bit more sky or even the tree top would be better. I feel a little crammed looking at the photo.

There are obviously physical constrains though, but that's just my opinion.

saeveritt

Mu-43 Regular
Now looking at it I understand what you mean. I feel as if I should have included the edge of the garage and change my angle a bit. Thanks for the comment!

Mosca

Mu-43 Regular
First: I am not an art professional. All I do is look at stuff and ask if I like it, and then ask why.

Now see, that is what I liked about the shot; the curve of the tree substituting for the edge of the garage and the line of the roof. For me, it brings together the animate and the inanimate is a nice unified way.

More depth? There's plenty. That is a good compromise. The tree is obviously separate from the house, but still in acceptable focus. If either of the two elements were more out of focus, it would destroy the unity that I think makes the shot interesting (for me).

My advice, shade the lights, especially the one inside; maybe put a dimmer bulb in the ones outside, like a 40 watt. Make everything a little moodier, but not much. Just bring it together a little more.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Ya done real good . It seems to me your instincts were on.
There are many night shooters on the forum and you just made a good addition to the ranks. Keep em coming.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom