1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

first Mention of LX200

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Robstar1963, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Estrellas321

Estrellas321 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2015
    Vancouver, BC
    Of the things I wanted in the LX100 that is featured in the rumors of this LX200, I would have to say a touch screen is probably one of my least desired. I would be thrilled with the higher resolution, tilt screen, built-in flash and built-in ND filter.

But you never know, touch screen ability may just not be listed. A touch screen should be a given for all Panasonic cameras nowadays.

3. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I really wanted to see a touch screen on this camera, but the trade off for more filter effects is a great deal! Maybe they can make that dedicated Filter button even larger too. F'ing clowns.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Given what a home run the LX100 has been (for me) whatever advancements the LX200 brings will be fantastic. That said, a built-in flash is of no interest to me. Using a full m4/3 sensor capture is of interest!

The LX100 is an incredible, versatile camera that gets very close to replacing a lot of m4/3 gear, for a good portion of general photography applications. The lens on the LX100 is fantastical. Given a sufficient sensor upgrade alone, the LX200 will be a home run. Give it a tilting LCD screen and I'd be thrilled!

• Like Like x 1
  5. yorik

yorik Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 23, 2013
    Scotts Valley, CA
    Yonatan
    And then there is the (hoped for) benefit of LX100 fire sales...

6. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Built-in flash and better high ISO than an RX100 might make it interesting for underwater use. Sort of depends on the wet lens situation, though; right now the RX100 mk I and mk II are tough to beat for stills quality in a compact package.